Google

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

 

Buffon: Gunners move tempted me



Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has revealed he would have been tempted by a move to Arsenal - but he is now focused on life in Serie B.


Following the club's enforced relegation to the Italian second division for their part in Serie A's match-fixing scandal, Buffon had been linked with a move away.
"I cannot hide that, after five years here, I was tempted by a new experience," the World Cup winner said.
"That could have been AC Milan, Internazionale or Arsenal, and I think I would have tended towards Milan.
"This club has helped me to win and if I have become world champion, it is thanks to Juve.
"I can cope with a year in the second division and I will look to do something new and win the Serie B title."


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?