Google

Monday, November 13, 2006

 

Henry: No regrets over Barca snub


Arsenal striker Thierry Henry insists he has no regrets about staying with the Gunners, and claims he will end his career at Ashburton Grove.
The Gunners captain ended frenzied speculation about his future by penning a new four-year deal during the summer and has reiterated his desire to spend the rest of his career at the club.
"Do I regret having extended my deal at Arsenal? No, I am keen to stay for my whole life at Arsenal," the 29-year-old France striker said.
"I am fine here, I could never play for any other English side."
Henry, who snubbed a proposed move to European champions Barcelona in order to stay in north London, added: "If an opportunity like Barcelona comes again, with all my respect for such a club, I will refuse.
"It was one of my last decisions of my career.
"I don't feel I have lost anything, I have no regrets."
One of the reasons Henry is believed to have signed his new deal is that he was promised big-name signings would quickly follow.
He insists he does not feel let down by the recent purchases Arsenal have made, saying: "Did I feel betrayed considering the official promises of reinforcements if I stayed?
"No, I just asked myself some questions. The arrivals of Julio Baptista and William Gallas have comforted me."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?